Our October Garden Work Day gave us gorgeous weather. We had a lovely morning with lots of help from the children who joined.
We focused on the beds in the K-1/Art/Gym area known as the Monticello Garden because its apple trees are from Thomas Jefferson stock.
Welcome to the Campbell Elementary School’s PTA website! We’ve got some exciting events this spring, including the upcoming Wetlands Festival on May 3. Tickets are only $10 per family.
Campbell Elementary School Annual Wetland Festival
- Scavenger Hunt
- Tour our Wetland Lab
- Long Branch Nature Center Wetland Critters & Watershed Program
- Potomac Overlook Regional Park – Arlington’s Native American artifacts & history
- Live Performances, including the:
- Bolivian Dancers, School Street Ramblers (Bluegrass Band), Forty Miles Home (Local Favorite)
- Old Fashion Lemonade Stand ( Made fresh with herbs from the Campbell Gardens)
- Food Trucks!!!
- Menchies Frozen Yogurt
- Cupcake Truck
- Latin Flavors Grilling Fresh on-site
- Willie’s Po Boy
- Fun, Games, Community, Raffles, Auction and so much more!!!
They will be sent out after the conferences.
They have the content created by the committee last year, but reformatted.
Behavior/Habits of a Learner, etc
Key: C, I, N
Key: Ex, Acc, Pro, Beg, NY
Most students will receive an ACC (performing as expected), not Ex
All teachers can put in comments for each quarter (art, music, PE, math, etc.). Not all specials teachers will comment each quarter, but you will get at least one comment per year from each child, and they will be specific to your child not a general class-wide comment.
We have really enjoyed having the children and teachers back in school. The students are adjusting well and instruction is underway. The teachers spent a lot of time in September building classroom communities and setting expectations. This has really contributed to a smooth opening.
Below are a few items of interest to parents:
Campbell PTA Minutes September 10, 2013
- Reminder: Remember to re-link your Giant, Safeway, Harris Teeter, and Target cards to Campbell. This is free $$$ for our school.
- For the 2013-2014 school year, we expect income to be $73,254. Expenditures are projected to be $66,512, so we project a net gain of $6,741. These are very conservative estimates. Fundraising last year was very successful, so we have a good cushion for this year.
A message from CAMPBELL ELEMENTARY
Just to clarify, there is NOT an early release tomorrow. Campbell's first Early Release is on October 23rd.
The Main Office at Campbell
Long Term Odyssey of the Mind Problems 2013-2014 (non-competitive)
Primary: Grades K-2
Primary: The World’s First Art Festival Grades K-2 The team’s problem is to create and present an original humorous performance about a prehistoric art festival. The festival will include artwork, dance, music, song, and — of course — a team-created audience to experience it all. The team will also create a backdrop that is a replica of a cave painting.
Earlier in the summer I requested feedback and topics for Principal’s Chats. Several parents said earlier was better, while others said the morning is hectic. So we’ll compromise. We’ll try an 8:00 start time this year and see how that impacts attendance. We can try to end by 9:00 so that parents who need to get to work can do so. I have the first two topics identified. We can determine the others as things evolve. Often topics come up at PTA meetings that warrant further discussion.