We have really enjoyed having the children and teachers back in school. The students are adjusting well and instruction is underway. The teachers spent a lot of time in September building classroom communities and setting expectations. This has really contributed to a smooth opening.
Below are a few items of interest to parents:
- Back to School Night is Tuesday, September 17th at 6:30-8:00. We hope to see our parents at that event.
- Parent-Teacher conferences are October 10th and 11th. This year, we are going to try a new system for setting up conferences. Parents will sign up for conferences at Back to School Night. Hopefully, this will help parents to have conferences at times that accommodate your work schedules.
- Many of you have noticed that when students are late to school or absent from school, a computerized call goes home to parents. We are all adjusting to this new system. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of attendance, please call the attendance hotline at 703-228-8450.
- Please do not send students to school with electronics or toys. These items often get misplaced or taken and interrupt instruction.
- Our next PTA meeting will be on October 8th.
- The first Garden Work Day of the year will be on this Saturday from 9:00-1:00.
- School lunch menus are posted on the Campbell website. Paper copies are no longer being sent home.
- Student cannot be dropped off before 7:40. There is no supervision before 7:40.