To kick off the spring garden work day season, we tried out a Sunday afternoon for the first time on March 15, 2015. It was a great success. We started at 3:00 and by 4:15 had accomplished so much! We wrapped up by 5:00 p.m. What a productive two hours with so many hands pitching in!
Many bags of soil amendments were hauled into the courtyard.
The beds all got weeded and filled in so that Ms. Christy could plant seedlings with children the following day!
In the front, we pruned bushes, raked leaves, cut back overgrowth, and hauled away debris.
Pruning exceptions were made for where praying mantis egg sacs!
Children participated and played in the sun, too.
It was really a lot of fun!
Special thanks to Kevan Miller and Steve Schaible for setting up and closing down with the help of custodian Flor Barerra.
Please join us for the more garden work days this spring. Lunch will be served on the Saturday work days.
- Saturday, April 11, 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 26, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 1 after Community Meeting (preparation for May 2 Wetlands Festival)
- Saturday, May 16, 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Early Release Wednesday, June 10 (rain date June 17): 12:45 p.m.-2:00 p.m.