Prescriptions to Combat Disorganization and Procrastination
Thursday, January 5, 2017: 7:00pm to 8:30pm
NEW LOCATION! – Wakefield High School, 1325 S. Dinwiddie Street, Arlington, VA 22206
Sponsored by Arlington Public Schools/Parent Resource Center
Presented by: Ann Dolin, M.Ed.
Are your child’s backpacks and binders chronically disorganized?
Are assignments done at the absolute last minute causing undue stress and panic?
Is your relationship with your child defined by academics?
Do you feel like you’ve become the Homework Police?
If this sounds like your household, here’s help! Join us in welcoming Ann Dolin, M.Ed., President and Founder of Educational Connections Inc., who will help us understand:
- Why children often end up in last-minute panics that cause them and the whole family stress
- How binders and backpacks can transform from black holes into valuable planning tools
- Communication techniques to improve academic performance while improving parent-child relationships
Ann has more than 20 years of experience in education and is the author of the award-wining book, Homework Made Simple: Tips, Tools and Solutions for Stress-Free Homework.
Spanish language interpretation will be provided.
More information on each event can be found here: http://www.arlingtonsepta.org/calendar/
- Friday, January 6th at 6:30 p.m.: Family Fun Night at Langston Brown Community Center
- Monday, January 9th at 7:30 p.m.: Access Community Lecture Series at McLean Bible Church
- Thursday, January 12th at 7 p.m.: Organize Your Papers at Parent Resource Center, Syphax Building
- Thursday, January 26th at 4 p.m.: Super Sibs Club at Langston Brown Community Center
- Friday, February 3rd at 6:30 p.m.: Family Fun Night at Langston Brown Community Center
- Thursday, February 9th at 7 p.m.: SEPTA Monthly Meeting at Parent Resource Center, Syphax Building
- Monday, February 13th at 7:30 p.m.: Access Community Lecture Series at McLean Bible Church
- Friday, March 3rd at 10:00 a.m.: Super Sibs Club at Langston Brown Community Center
- Friday, March 3rd at 6:30 p.m.: Family Fun Night at Langston Brown Community Center