Tammy Bewitz, President Tammy is originally from Wisconsin and has lived and worked in many places before coming to call Arlington home. An educator by training, Tammy began teaching as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Sri Lanka. She continued on to teach ESL in Montgomery County, Fairfax and Arlington Public Schools, working with both children and…Read More
So What Do We Do, Exactly?
The Campbell PTA supports Campbell Elementary School and implements the PTA vision by working toward these goals:
- Collaboration: continually striving to create partnerships among our community and with outside organizations.
- Commitment: working to ensure that every child’s promise is a reality by keeping program and financial commitments made to our community.
- Accountability: recognizing our successes and shortfalls with honesty and humility.
- Respect: valuing and acknowledging every opinion and seeking out new resources.
- Inclusivity/Diversity: celebrating each individual’s unique talents and encouraging dialogue.
- Integrity: conducting business in a transparent manner.
Specifically, we support community priority areas such as:
- Outdoor Classroom: Maintaining outdoor spaces and supporting staff in creating hands-on, engaging lessons that incorporate the outdoors into learning targets.
- Expeditionary Learning (EL): Leveraging funds to support field work, expert visits, and high-quality work products.
- Reading Programs and Initiatives: Maintaining and adding to Classroom Libraries, funding free book distributions, library initiatives, and author visits.
Sounds Great! How Can I Help?
The first crucial thing you can do is become a PTA member. Dues are only $15 for a family ($8 for an individual). PTA Meetings are a great way to meet some really cool and fun people and find out how you can get more involved. During the school year we meet on specific Tuesdays of every month at the school.
Pizza, Spanish translation and babysitting are provided. Specific meeting information is sent out the week before the meeting in Thursday folders/Backpack mail. Or you can contact anyone on our board—we are always happy to find something for you to do.
Join the PTA listserv and subscribe to the PTA calendar today for updates and announcements. You should also "like" Campbell's PTA Facebook group for announcements, event invitations, and photos from PTA activities.