Barbara Martinez, President Barbara is married to Will Bohlen and they have two children, Nathaniel, a third grader, and Lydia, a four year old in the APS Montessori program. A history buff, she works in marketing and communications for the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Fun fact: She once worked at the assistant for the Washington…Read More
So What Do We Do, Exactly?
The Campbell PTA supports Campbell Elementary School and implements the PTA vision by working toward these goals:
- Collaboration: continually striving to create partnerships among our community and with outside organizations.
- Commitment: working to ensure that every child’s promise is a reality by keeping program and financial commitments made to our community.
- Accountability: recognizing our successes and shortfalls with honesty and humility.
- Respect: valuing and acknowledging every opinion and seeking out new resources.
- Inclusivity/Diversity: celebrating each individual’s unique talents and encouraging dialogue.
- Integrity: conducting business in a transparent manner.
Specifically, we support community priority areas such as:
- Outdoor Classroom: Creating hands-on, engaging lessons that incorporate the outdoor spaces at Campbell into learning targets.
- Expeditionary Learning: leveraging funds to support field work, expert visits, and science equipment to support Expedition.
- Reading Programs and Initiatives: maintaining and adding to Classroom Libraries, funding free book distributions, library initiatives and author visit.
- Community Building: continually looking for ways to engage our whole community by supporting PESA/Participa training, Community Meetings and Spirit Days and this year through new initiatives like the Conversation Club. We also host a Fall Playdate Picnic, Winter Dance, Movie Night, Restaurant Nights, and 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony. In addition we support the Campbell Olympics and other community nights the school hosts.
- Health and Wellness: A new focus area that will include health and wellness programs and other fun activities.
- Teacher and Classroom Resources: supporting our teachers by providing resources for the classroom and teacher appreciation events.
- After School Enrichment: Project Discovery, Odyssey of the Mind, Girls on the Run, Boys on the Move, and other after school activities and clubs.
Sounds Great! How Can I Help?
The first crucial thing you can do is become a PTA member. Dues are only $15 for a family ($8 for an individual). PTA Meetings are a great way to meet some really cool and fun people and find out how you can get more involved. During the 2016-17 school year we will meet the third Tuesday of every month at the school (with the exception of June, when we will meet the second Tuesday). Spanish translation and babysitting are provided. Specific meeting information is sent out the week before the meeting in Thursday folders/Backpack mail. Or you can contact anyone on our board—we are always happy to find something for you to do.
Join the PTA listserv and subscribe to the PTA calendar today for updates and announcements. You should also "like" Campbell's PTA Facebook group for announcements, event invitations, and photos from PTA activities.
Ready to Support Campbell Elementary?
Your participation makes great things possible