Join the PTA
What is the PTA?
The Campbell PTA (Parent Teachers Association) is an organization of parents and teachers interested in supporting and supplementing the educational experiences of our children by financing and volunteering for projects and activities that are not funded, or fully funded, by the school district.
How does the PTA help our school?
The PTA provides a forum for parents, teachers, and school administrators to discuss education at Campbell and how to support it. Recent accomplishments thanks to the PTA include:
- New courtyard pond
- Outdoor Lab field trip
- New turtle tank
- Outdoor reading bench
- Special Ed/OT school supplies
- Standing desks and wobble chairs
- Ukulele expedition starter kit
- Pre-K class umbrellas
- Community building events (Dance, Movie Night, Restaurant Nights, Wetlands Festival, DC United, and many more)
- Project Discovery after school enrichment
- Much more…..
How do we do it?
PTA dues are a great first step, but are not enough to cover the costs of all our activities. We try to limit how we ask for financial support through major fundraising efforts—the fall pledge drive and the spring Wetlands Festival. In between, we host restaurant nights when a portion of proceeds benefit Campbell, Square 1 art, in which you can purchase your child's art printed on many items, and what we call "no brainer" income generators—including shopping on Amazon.com and collecting box tops. You can view these and other ways to support Campbell every day here.
How do you find out more?
Keep up-to-date with PTA developments and communicate with the Campbell community by joining the Campbell PTA list serve. To join, go to: https://campbellschool.org/mailman/listinfo/announcements_campbellschool.org or contact the list administrator
- Come to PTA meetings and other events. View dates on the calendar.
- Read what comes home in Thursday folders/Backpack mail.
- Come to Community Meetings on Friday mornings to meet people and see fabulous presentations from students.
- Ask anyone on the Executive Board.