We’ve talked some about changing the PTA website to be easier for people to manage this year. Can we brainstorm for a bit about what we’d like the website to do?
Here are some possibilities:
– Host a PTA calendar that people can subscribe to so they will get reminders about PTA meetings, movie nights, Project Discovery dates, and so on.
– Have special announcements like “Don’t forget to bring back your Math Bee forms on Thursday!” posted to the front page.
– Provide an easy way for people to access PTA minutes, archived or live.
– Provide a “meeting place” for different grades or classes (for example, a K/1 page that reminds parents, “We’ve got a playground playdate every other Saturday,” or “Mrs. Hill’s class should bring in 100 objects to count on Friday.”
– Provide discussion boards for different purposes (maybe “auction planning” or “PTA board” or even “discuss bullying issues at Campbell.”)
– Provide locations for files to be stored
Those are just some ideas of what’s possible. So! Imagine I can make the website do anything you want: what do you want it to do?